Tuesday, February 8, 2011

photoshop - frog and emu :)

In class we discussed surreal images. Surreal images are images that look like real creatures, that haven't been discovered yet, but they are actually not real. To make this image I had to go through a number of steps. The first thing I did was lined up the emus eyes with the frogs eyes. Once I had finished that, I added a mask to the layer. Now that I had a mask, I could rub out all the emus body except for the beak and hair, so that when I turned up the opacity, I could see a frog with an emus beak and hair. This made the image look like a surreal image. I then duplicated the layer, so that if I made a mistake I could just get rid of the layer and start again. I called one layer beak and the other layer head. Now when I clicked on each layer it would show those parts of the emu/frog. I then colorized each part of the emu/frog to make it look cool and funny. I chose to make the beak blue and the hair bright purple. Mr Powell let us play around with our emu/frog and taught us to do many different things. We did this activity a few times to get used to the steps of making an image look surreal. I really enjoyed working on this piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment